Featured Post

List of Monthly Drawing Challenges for WHOLE Year

Update 01-04-2018: I did it! I uploaded for Inktober 2017! Well, I'm still uploading for it. But that's because I want to hit my go...

Monday, June 30, 2014

Sketch Diary: A finished color piece! Snow White

Ta-dah! I give you - Snow White. Or whatever. Doesn't have to be her. I just liked the look she was giving the camera in the original photo. I forgot how much I enjoy working with these markers when I just go with the flow, try not to think too much. She feels so alive for me right now. Like all I want to do is look into her eyes and make all my dreams come true :sigh:. In 2 months I'll hate this picture hahaha. That's just how it goes. But for now, I'll just enjoy it.

In case you're curious, I use Copic markers. I have used Prismacolor and Shin Han but these Copics man... can't beat alcohol based. The room might smell like rubbing alcohol while I draw but it's a small price to pay to be able to actually blend colors like watercolor paints. It's like magic. I don't remember who I bought them from online, a small dealer in the States somewhere, but just make sure whoever you buy from has good reviews and that your getting the markers you want. I only buy the refillable ones, not the one and done dudes. I LOVE refillable markers. I don't understand why markers should be made any other way. It's so easy. The only issue I ever ran into was that you have to ink with the right kind of pens. Of course copic has their own brand of inking pens but I think as long as it's not also alcohol based, you're good. Otherwise, they blend together and that defeats the purpose of inking for me.

Oh and the paper... just plain old copy paper. The slicker the better. I find that though I like card stock, it tends to soak up so much of the ink. Good if you want to do a lot of blending and layering but for just practicing and goofing around, I prefer to keep it cheap.

with love - M

No comments:

Post a Comment