Featured Post

List of Monthly Drawing Challenges for WHOLE Year

Update 01-04-2018: I did it! I uploaded for Inktober 2017! Well, I'm still uploading for it. But that's because I want to hit my go...

Monday, June 2, 2014

Sketch Diary: old Sherlock sketches

One of my favorite past times is sitting down to watch a movie I love and periodically pausing it to do sketches of what I see. This is a thing best done... alone. Typically, no one else enjoys doing this with me since the pause can take up to 20 minutes. Makes for a really long movie. Regardless, I highly recommend it because it's helped me tremendously with depth and angles and dimensions.

I know, this is an older sketch - but never before seen! I vividly remember doing this sketch so it's near and dear to my heart: sitting in my tiny apartment in Japan, on my floor couch thingy, my little heater blasting, day dreaming about the next trip to the local kaitenzushi (conveyor belt sushi eatery).

Btw, hats are hard...

with love - M

No comments:

Post a Comment