Featured Post

List of Monthly Drawing Challenges for WHOLE Year

Update 01-04-2018: I did it! I uploaded for Inktober 2017! Well, I'm still uploading for it. But that's because I want to hit my go...

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Sketch Diary: Portrait - a study of pointy-ness


Ya know when you start drawing and feel pretty good about where it's going and then it slowly creeps up on you... that you've seen this before? Happens to me all the time. Like this sketch, for example, is an accidental fanart of Allen from Escaflowne (the movie version). I could never handle the tv series versions of those characters... the noses just bothered me when I was a kid. But I really appreciate the series and I feel like the movie REALLY holds up well. I still love watching it. So beautiful and it really has a lot to say (metaphorically usually, I mean come on, it's Japanese and from the 90's/early 2000's).

with love - M

No comments:

Post a Comment