Featured Post

List of Monthly Drawing Challenges for WHOLE Year

Update 01-04-2018: I did it! I uploaded for Inktober 2017! Well, I'm still uploading for it. But that's because I want to hit my go...

Friday, April 13, 2018

Sketch Diary: Planning fan art ideas - Howl's


I have a tough time doing fan art of any kind. It's tough for me to borrow someone else's ideas like that. But I see the value in it, for my own growth, for showing my love of other artists characters and to draw people in to also check out my originals. So I'm working on some fan art projects like this one for Howl's Moving Castle. I think I could make most of them work except the bottom right is too similar to a still shot from the movie, though it is a beautiful scene. I'll probably do another set of these to flush out an idea. I want to do my own thing while paying tribute to characters I love and the creators that made them. I'll let you know how that turns out hah.

with love - M

No comments:

Post a Comment