Featured Post

List of Monthly Drawing Challenges for WHOLE Year

Update 01-04-2018: I did it! I uploaded for Inktober 2017! Well, I'm still uploading for it. But that's because I want to hit my go...

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Sketch Diary: Adventure Time fanart - Bubblegum and Rainicorn


Copied these from Adventure Time, I do not own these characters in any way. I wanted to share these drawings because for a sketch diary, copying and studying other artists' wonderful styles can be really helpful to me. So... I assume, that might be helpful for other folks to know.

I have very mixed feelings about fanart as a whole especially when an artist creates a piece of fanart and then sells it and doesn't own or pay any rights to the original creators. There have been stories about anime/game conventions that have limited or even banned fanart in one way or another in the last several years. I get it though, it becomes overwhelming when all you see is fanart everywhere and what you really want is to see people's original creations, ideas, stories. Something about profiting off someone else's artwork just doesn't feel right to me. That said, I also don't think it's right for me to say that people can't do that! If they wanna risk getting in trouble with copyright infringement, that's not for me to have any say on unless it's my own artwork they're copying. But everything comes from something, yeah? So let's all try to be a little kinder to each other on this topic.

with love - M

No comments:

Post a Comment