Featured Post

List of Monthly Drawing Challenges for WHOLE Year

Update 01-04-2018: I did it! I uploaded for Inktober 2017! Well, I'm still uploading for it. But that's because I want to hit my go...

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Sketch Diary: TBT - Medusa crazy hair woman in ink


Holy smokes this thing is old! But I still vividly remember drawing this and being so freaking proud of myself haha. Still am. This was definitely a trophy of a point when I was really taking my drawing seriously. September 2004 was the beginning of my Senior year of highschool and there lots of cool artsy things going on for me. I was in AP Art Portfolio and was learning how to build a real collection of my own work as well as trying all different art mediums from acrylic paints to soft pastels to dress making to knitting to digital painting (with a trackball!!!).  So hopefully I've improved since then but it feels good to be able to look back and still be proud of all that I accomplished at that time.

Try not to beat yourself up, fellow artists. It's easy to do. The real challenge is appreciating each drawing what it is and what it's taught you. I may not want to stick every drawing on my fridge but you better believe I make sure to thank each one... some just might see the recycling bin sooner than others.

with love - M

No comments:

Post a Comment