Featured Post

List of Monthly Drawing Challenges for WHOLE Year

Update 01-04-2018: I did it! I uploaded for Inktober 2017! Well, I'm still uploading for it. But that's because I want to hit my go...

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Sketch Diary: TBT - Scratch art fashionista

This one is a way-back throwback! Anyone recognize it? It's from the Fall of 2004 and ended up being a gift to my Mom. This was probably the second time I had messed with scratch art boards. If I remember correctly, I used a picture out of some random fashion magazine as a reference for this woman. 
It's supposed to be lace on her arms and feathers coming out of the top of the dress, is that obvious? It's always educational going back to old drawings like this - sometimes it's easier to see the progress and sometimes I wonder why I forgot certain techniques along the way. I think I have some scratch boards hanging around somewhere so maybe I'll do another one for the holidays.

with love - M

No comments:

Post a Comment