Featured Post

List of Monthly Drawing Challenges for WHOLE Year

Update 01-04-2018: I did it! I uploaded for Inktober 2017! Well, I'm still uploading for it. But that's because I want to hit my go...

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Sketch Diary: TBT - Fairy concept

Another throwback piece to August 2010, an early attempt with my Copic markers. I just can't get over how much I still love those head pompom thingies. The mushrooms were pretty rushed and I didn't bother filling in the rest of the background. I was more interested in figuring out how to blend properly. This particular hair style, with the side swirly curl, I'm still fond of and if you had access to all my sketches, you'd see it a lot during that summer.

Faeriecon East is coming up and I wanted to upload something fae-like to get me pumped about fae stuff. I think it's working. If you've never been to a faerie convention/festival, it's a lot like other festivals but with LOTS of wonderful costumed folk and usually it takes about a week to get all of the glitter off your body... even if you weren't wearing any. It's just something that happens.

with love - M

No comments:

Post a Comment