Featured Post

List of Monthly Drawing Challenges for WHOLE Year

Update 01-04-2018: I did it! I uploaded for Inktober 2017! Well, I'm still uploading for it. But that's because I want to hit my go...

Friday, August 31, 2018

Sketch Diary: How many gestures can fit on a page??


Gestures are so wild, to me. I like to set a timer (started using Quickpose and it's THE BEST) for 60 seconds or so and just see what happens. It helps loosen up the hand, helps you see things for what they are as a whole and not get lost in the details, and sometimes helps you feel super accomplished cuz hey! you just drew 10 things! That's 10 things that helped you learn. 10 things that moved you forward. And usually, I find I get at least one jem out of it that I then use in a more finished drawing later.

You can watch me draw!

4x speed


1x speed



with love - M

No comments:

Post a Comment