Featured Post

List of Monthly Drawing Challenges for WHOLE Year

Update 01-04-2018: I did it! I uploaded for Inktober 2017! Well, I'm still uploading for it. But that's because I want to hit my go...

Friday, July 1, 2016

Sketch Diary: Stargazer redo


Guh. This is what happens when I try to force myself to draw when I'm too tired. I didn't bother to give myself a reference to use for the figure posture and I didn't stop when I could plainly see this wasn't going where I wanted it to go. I didn't even do warm up sketches. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?! I hate it when I don't do the very things that I recommend to other people.

Inevitably, my brain decided to sort of recreate an old sketch from highschool (over a decade ago). I've been sorting through old sketch books because I have too many papers and too many sketch books taking up space. I organized everything and am no slowly going through them all and scanning them. So I must have seen this old sketch and gone - huh, I should try to redo that. And after staring at a blank page for OVER an hour the other night, this is the disaster that happened.

I know, I KNOW. At least I drew SOMETHING. I keep telling that to myself. Joel keeps reminding me, too, bless his little heart. But that's all this sketch is to me. I promised myself I would not burn any drawings... I promised... BUT HE LOOKS LIKE HE'S HOLDING IN A FART?!

with love - M

No comments:

Post a Comment