Featured Post

List of Monthly Drawing Challenges for WHOLE Year

Update 01-04-2018: I did it! I uploaded for Inktober 2017! Well, I'm still uploading for it. But that's because I want to hit my go...

Friday, June 17, 2016

Sketch Diary: Daniel Craig from Spectre Ad Fanart


So along with drawing more of whatever pops into my head, I'm also pushing myself to do more live sketches (or at least from photos) of people, animals, places, etc. For this sketch, I picked out an Ad I saw for Spectre (I think it was in Vogue magazine). He's just chillin', adjusting his tie and suit jacket, but looking very serious and confident while doing so.

Being a pretty quick sketch (I did not grid the photo or anything like that, just eyeballed it), I'm please with how far I got before some of the proportion problems started to become too problematic to continue. The first thing Joel noticed was that forhead being too tall (or not tall enough? I forget not). Next sketch I do like this, I might do a basic grid just to make sure I have the right bits where they're supposed to be. I don't think I'll EVER have the patience to do those super lifelike pencil portraits but bless those people that do. Bless their little hearts.

with love - M

No comments:

Post a Comment