Featured Post

List of Monthly Drawing Challenges for WHOLE Year

Update 01-04-2018: I did it! I uploaded for Inktober 2017! Well, I'm still uploading for it. But that's because I want to hit my go...

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Type Connection: A Dating Game for Typography Lovers



http://www.typeconnection.com/

You just started your Typography 101 class and it's all blurring together. At first it was so easy - pick a sans typeface for a bold statement and serif for reading text. Each typeface seems to have a personality and the teacher takes care in making sure the we all grasp the important differences between them. This one for a movie poster, that one for a newspaper, or maybe this one for a retro 1950's style ad about vacuum cleaners. Then the teacher asks you to pair some typefaces and the room goes silent. Or at least that's how my class felt oh so many years ago.

Thankfully, there are wonderful resources out there to help in such confusing endeavors. Sites like Type Connection created by Aura Seltzer. Evidently, a 'habitual list maker' so a designer after my own heart.

I love finding these little micro-sites that help create an awareness about something while also engaging our critical thinking brain muscles. Not only serving the online community as a resource for information about typography but also creating a platform for non-designers to engage with type in a way they may not have had access to before.

If you haven't done so already, go check out Type Connection and come back here and let me know what you think.

With love - M

No comments:

Post a Comment