Featured Post

List of Monthly Drawing Challenges for WHOLE Year

Update 01-04-2018: I did it! I uploaded for Inktober 2017! Well, I'm still uploading for it. But that's because I want to hit my go...

Monday, September 15, 2014

Sketch Diary: Arrow fanart

Look! I'm still here! Mostly. Fulltime gig has me beat when I get home but I haven't forgotten my pledge to improve my artsy skills. I've got one nice (colored up) surprise coming up for the Sketch Diary this week but you'll just have to wait!

Ah Arrow. I wish I could keep watching this show. I can't put my finger on it but something about the live action TV show has become tedious, boring. It certainly isn't the man himself (I could just watch him walk around picking daisies all day and I would be entertained). Maybe I'll come back and try to finish it in another month or so.

Anyway, about the sketch - I'm not good at doing manly bits. The arms, the abs, the jaw, the knee caps... it's all a bit overwhelming for me sometimes. But this was quite calming. "Just draw him standing there" I told myself. "But I wanna do something coooooool! Like him crouching, taking that kill shot, his hood caught in the wind, angels flying out his butt!" myself responded. "No, Meredith. Keep it simple. The crazy stuff will come later." "Ok... I love you." "I know."

with love - M

No comments:

Post a Comment