Featured Post

List of Monthly Drawing Challenges for WHOLE Year

Update 01-04-2018: I did it! I uploaded for Inktober 2017! Well, I'm still uploading for it. But that's because I want to hit my go...

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Sketch Diary: TBT - Japanese fashion girls

While I was in Japan I collected a few different kinds of fashion magazines. This drawing is based on some girls I saw in Ageha magazine. I loved how many of them had these gloriously over dressed nails. Jewels and gems and all kinds of little bits and bobbles glued to their nails. I don't think I could personally ever have my nails like that for more than a day at a time, I'm too often outside and in the dirt or working with paint and fabrics and glues. They'd get destroyed way too quickly on me. But the attention to detail and coordination of each outfit is really spectacular. I highly recommend exploring other countries' fashion and art magazines. Wonderful tools for inspiration.

with love - M

No comments:

Post a Comment